Different versions of Access on same PC (1 Viewer)

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:07
I maintain Access systems for clients using different versions of Access.

Prior to Access 2007, I had no problems running different versions of Access on the same PC. I'd always install the versions in successive order, and of course, in separate folders.

With Access 2007, I found Access wanted to re-install components when changing from one version to another, as in when I closed down Access X and opened Access Y. So I now only have one version installed on any PC.

I now only have one client with Access 2003 on Windows XP and they have plans to upgrade in the next 3 months.

Does anyone one have any experience, and or comments, on Access 2007, 2020, 2013 co-existing on the one PC?

wilpeter

Canadian enthusiast
Local time
Today, 17:07
To preface my post, I don't have a solution; but I wrestled with similar situation and decided to put three PCs on an intranet--each with a different Access version. My clients communicate with email attachments and I use gmail. I open the attachment (based on its extension - mdb accdb) in the appropriate PC and version. In my case, I skipped 2007 but use 2003 & 2010. When someone upgrades to 2007, I have a problem; but I've been keeping a matching file in 2003 with mdb format to analyze and fix that database. (I send the revised database as an mdb and the client saves it as his version.
Skin any cats lately?

Hope I'm not clouding your issue here.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:07
Use virtual machines to keep the installs completely separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom