Solved Dilog Split Form and its Data sheet (1 Viewer)

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 13:50
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is blocked by IT for security reason.
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.
------------------------------------------------

1. Stabilizing Culomn width for datasheet It does not save the last size I left, so do you have suggestions how can I force to control the width of the Culomn size on open event by Macro Action?​

2. Also, when I hide some fields that do not disappear, they are visible in the table. How do I hide it so that it is not visible to the user?

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:50
You could do that with VBA, but I know of nothing in macros that can accomplish it, sorry.

Sarah.M

Local time
You could do that with VBA, but I know of nothing in macros that can accomplish it, sorry.
Kindly what is the name of vba function that related to control the column size width? Sometimes the can be searchable at Macro Catalogs

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:50
It's not a function, it's a property of columns in a datasheet. I will see if it's in the macro catalog, but don't hold out hope.

edit=====

I can't find it or anything close to it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:50
Sarah
You MIGHT have more luck if you try the emulated split form which is designed to overcome many of the restrictions in a standard split form

Alternatively consider using a form and datasheet subform. OK doing that is a little bit more work but if it gets the result you need then its worth it.

Sarah.M

Local time
Sarah
You MIGHT have more luck if you try the emulated split form which is designed to overcome many of the restrictions in a standard split form

Alternatively consider using a form and datasheet subform. OK doing that is a little bit more work but if it gets the result you need then its worth it.
I love Split Form 😄

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:50
I KNOW you do but split forms have a LOT of limitations including the issues you have mentioned here.
That's why I'm suggesting alternatives which might save you a lot of time in the long run.

Sarah.M

Local time
I KNOW you do but split forms have a LOT of limitations including the issues you have mentioned here.
That's why I'm suggesting alternatives which might save you a lot of time in the long run.
I got it thanks for your advice I will follow your advice
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom