Disable external linking for new accounts (1 Viewer)

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 11:03
This would help deter advertisers and spammers. They've been on the rise.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:03
It would also prevent posting a link to your cross post or one that points to where you got your code sample from.

zeroaccess

Local time
It would also prevent posting a link to your cross post or one that points to where you got your code sample from.
You only need to disable external linking.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:03
I guess I don't know what you mean by that because I'd consider a link to another forum site to be external.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
some people actually SAY that they have cross posted for a faster answer. there is nothing wrong with that.

zeroaccess

Local time
I guess I don't know what you mean by that because I'd consider a link to another forum site to be external.
Right. I suppose a white list of known MS Access forum sites could help with that concern.

But I think we can agree that a user's 1st post shouldn't be to a chinese commerce or religious website.

Maybe some of you have missed them, but I've reported 2 of them so far.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, if the member actually reveals the cross-post, you are right that there is nothing wrong. Because then we can check the other post first to see if they have an answer and thus not waste time on an already answered question for which we don't disagree with the answer.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Adam, if the member actually reveals the cross-post, you are right that there is nothing wrong. Because then we can check the other post first to see if they have an answer and thus not waste time on an already answered question for which we don't disagree with the answer.
i never check for cross posting richard. I just assume they are of good hearted nature. in the very few times I have answered someone that has cross posted, I never have followed up after it was revelaed.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I would call that "different strokes for different folks" I guess.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Wasn't one of my favorites. It was 1970s to mid-1980s and for a lot of that time, I was completely consumed with taking care of ailing, elderly parents, so I didn't watch the tube that much.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, wasn't that much into shows like that at the time. My TV watching has increased a small amount since I retired.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
i don't even have TV anymore, richard. I gave up the service months ago. I don't have time to watch it. besides, the same shows were being played over and over again, and I wasn't willing to put up with that and pay a hundred dollars a month. what a waste.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If it weren't that I had a few shows I still like, mostly "police procedurals" or the equivalent, I would be there with you in spirit, Adam. We have 300 channels on our service but it looks like over half of them are infomercials. Now THAT is a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom