Disable User to see backend data (1 Viewer)

justin0312

Local time
Today, 10:01
Hi, I would like to share an Access file with my classmates. They can add data through the form. However, I do not want them to see the backend data. I changed the access form to modal setting and create an accde file. But is there any other way to prevent them from seeing the backend data?

*The access file is shared in our class common device so can be access by anyone as long they have the login credential.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:01
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. You said they should be able to add records, but you don't want them to see what they added?

justin0312

Local time
Sorry they can add record from the front end. But i do not want them to see the backend table and data

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
is the backend on shared folder?
suffixed your shared folder name with $ to make
it invisible to the prying eyes.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sorry they can add record from the front end. But i do not want them to see the backend table and data
Okay, are you saying you don't want them to see the backend table and data, but they can see the data on the frontend?

justin0312

Local time
is the backend on shared folder?
suffixed your shared folder name with $ to make
it invisible to the prying eyes.
No, is not on shared folder. Was thinking of creating a virtual encryption folder.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes, they can see the data on frontend
Okay, so, if they can see the data in the front end, why can't they see the same data in the backend? What are you trying to protect?

justin0312

Local time
Okay, so, if they can see the data in the front end, why can't they see the same data in the backend? What are you trying to protect?
I dont want them to edit the backend data directly. If they want to edit, they can edit at the frontend through the form which require them to login. And it capture which user login so there is an audit trial.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I dont want them to edit the backend data directly. If they want to edit, they can edit at the frontend through the form which require them to login. And it capture which user login so there is an audit trial.
I see. Would this work? What if you password-protect the back end before you link it to your front end and don't tell the users what the password is?

ADIGA88

Local time
Today, 05:01
If I may add, be careful if you decide to disable the shift key PayPass, because you may lock yourself out of your database.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 03:01
If I may add, be careful if you decide to disable the shift key PayPass, because you may lock yourself out of your database.
Not really ... as the shift bypass can easily be re-enabled from an external database.
In fact, the ability to do that is an Access security weakness in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom