Disk or network error with error code 3043 (1 Viewer)

jvdpeet

Local time
Today, 18:16
Can somone indicate how I can get rid of Disk or network error with error code 3043? I have no idea what this error indicates. It is too vague to be indicative for the solution.

jvdpeet

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
it probably means your network connection has failed

jvdpeet

Local time
Hi gemma-the-husky,
When I test the connection it says "connection succeeded". But when I try to open the database it says "Can't open a database made by an earlier version of Visual Basic". Could that be the cause? If so how can I convert a database of an earlier version to a VB6 one?

Jan

Rainbows8

Local time
Today, 13:16
I have been having the exact same problem... it's frustrating as ****:banghead:. So today I googled the issue (again) and found this article from MS (knowledge base article 160907 - Mastering Series: Run Time Error 3043 Disk or Network Error)....I honestly do not know if this solution will work, but it's worth a try. It says to create a Temp folder in C

Please let me know if it works for you. :confused:

jvdpeet

Local time
Hi Rainbows8,

Thank you very much for your reaction. This error 3043 is a very irritant error with an even irritant explanation by Microsoft, namely no explanation, only a meaningless phrase which is no answer a normal person can understand.
I will let you know if it worked for me.

jvdpeet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom