Displaying a signature on a report (1 Viewer)

rincewind_wizzard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
Hi

I have an OLEObject (Bound Object Frame)
Capture.PNG
on the report with it's record source set to the OLEObject field in the data source which contains a jpg of the signature, which I want to show on the report. Unfortunately, it only seems to want to display the icon with the file name in it. I have the 'Display Type' property set to Content - what am I doing wrong? (Access 2019 btw)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:37
If I recall correctly, you should be using an image control, not an OLE control. That's more for displaying files such as spreadsheets, pdf forms etc.p and allows you to activate the application that handles it by default. I expect if you double click that icon, your default image viewer will open it for display, which is not what you want. Doing so on a form is likely to put the record in edit mode, and then you might have issues closing the form or navigating off that record.

I'd set the Picture property of an Image control instead. Since I wouldn't ordinarily store images in an Access table, it would be an unbound type and I'd link to the image file. That might not be secure enough for your situation, but I'd still use the image control

zeroaccess

Local time
Yesterday, 23:37
Just hit Design -> Insert Image

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom