displaying conditional info on a form (1 Viewer)

hazell

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
Hi all,
Hope you can help. I am trying to create a form where I store the literacy and numeracy results of a group of students. So far I have designed a form which gives me a tick box as to whether the test they took was literacy or numeracy, then a box where I enter the score. Literacy tests are scored out of 72 and numeracy out of 50.

what I would like to do is write something that shows the literacy numeracy levels of each student after each test. So for literacy, the score ranges are as follows:

0 - 13 Below Entry 1
14 - 32 Entry 1
33 - 52 Entry 2
53 - 65 Entry 3
66 - 7 Level 1

What I would like to be able to do is tick whether or not they sat a literacy or numeracy test, enter the score and the db to come up with their level and display it on the form

Can anyone tell me how to do that. Although I do have some experience of dbs please assume I am an ignoramus when explaining your answer

many thanks
Hazell

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:53
Simply create a reference table which holds your 3 columns: BottomScore, TopScore, Level
That contains the list you have in your post.

Then "join" this table to your entered scores, not using the equi-join of dragging fields, but in the where clause of your Score column >=BottomScore and <= TopScore
And you should be golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom