distribute access backend link (1 Viewer)

hardyd44

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:08
Hi,

I may be missing something simple here

I am finishing off a access app that I am hoping to sell using the 2010 runtime if the end user does not have access installed.

Now my problem - I have split the DB so if I need to perfom upgrades I do not wipe out existing data. I have done this before but the backend was on a server - this time each user will have a stand alone frontend and backend.

How do I arrange the folder structure on the machine I am developing the app on so when it installed on a user PC that the frontend path is correct to link to the backend not just copying the development machine paths as this has failed so far as it does install in the appdata folder and the backend is in a subfolder but the linked tables are the path of the development machine

I want it to install on windows 7, vista and XP - hope this makes sense

Thanks

Dean

hardyd44

Registered User.
Local time
Bob,

thanks for your help - tried that, kept crashing the app when used with the runtime.

Solved it though - Knew it would be something simple

Just changed the install path when creating a runtime package to C: drive then did the same for the backend loaction on the PC I am using for development so the folders mirrored each other

Worked fine when installed on the Vitrual PC i use for install testing

Now to shutup the security warning:banghead:

Dean

hardyd44

Registered User.
Local time
Cheers, bit of tweaking and that worked

Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom