Dlookup Not working after restart Application (1 Viewer)

ZKHADI

Local time
Today, 07:13
hy buddies.

my database in Access is having a problem. when i upload image and the dlookup work and the image updated every where.
but when i close access and restart then the image is not showing. again need to upload.

what is solution?

see image

Attachments

• Dlookup.png
    Dlookup.png
    382 KB · Views: 162

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:13
Upload image to where? Form Picture property? Exactly how are you displaying image on form? How is DLookup used?

ZKHADI

Local time
i made separate table for details where i put details of bank and college name and logo.
then i dlookup for image in image box... other details still exist only image disappear after restart application.

Attachments

• Untitdled.png
    Untitdled.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 150

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Why a separate table? Separate from what?

Image is saved into an Attachment field?

This is interesting. I get the same behavior. Unexpected.

The image is still in field and if I pull field from Field List, it will install Image control on form bound to field and display image.

Something else I never noticed before. Image control installed by pulling from Field List has Enabled and Locked properties whereas control pulled from Design tab does not and there are other property differences. Also, DLookup does not work at all in the Field List control. Users can interact with the Field List control but not the other.

But as you say, the DLookup will no longer pull the image until it is re-uploaded.

Can't you just include logos table in form RecordSource? Otherwise, a subform for image may be only solution if you want to keep images embedded in table.

Last edited:

ZKHADI

Local time
NO brother i cant upload the image for every student in table. the dlookup function is made for once upload and use for all. but in this case everything perfect only on restart application mean close and open i get this error that the logo still exist in table but dlookup is not picking up

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
NO brother i cant upload the image for every student in table. the dlookup function is made for once upload and use for all. but in this case everything perfect only on restart application mean close and open i get this error that the logo still exist in table but dlookup is not Doesn't alter my comments and suggestions.
I am not suggesting you upload an image for each student. Comment does not alter my suggested solution options: either build form RecordSource that joins tables or use a subform.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
Which version of Access? More specifically, open Access, click the File tab on the ribbon and look at Help. You want the "About..." information that will tell us the exact Access version number. If it is 2204, that version has turned out to be a bit "buggy" and may be your problem. If that's not it, then I'm not sure what is going on.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Mine shows version 14.0.7268.5000 (32-bit)

Why are options bad ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom