DLookUp Results won't display in table (1 Viewer)

Mother_weaver

Local time
Yesterday, 17:23
Hey Everyone!!!

I have a form that collects data by data entry. When you enter in a SSN it pulls in the individuals info and when you put in the contractor ID # it will display the contractor name. Everything works GREAT, however the contractor name will not display in the table. It shows the contractor ID # but not the name of the contractor. Database is attached and a work in progress, however this problem has been a thorn in my side. New to Access and trying to learn. Thanks for any and all help!!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
I don't see an attached database???

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:23
No database, however (ab)using DLookup is a bad idea instead try using subforms or drop downs or a proper SQL statement to fetch your data

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:23
Everything works GREAT, however the contractor name will not display in the table. It shows the contractor ID # but not the name of the contractor.
Assuming that ContractorID is the PK of the Contractors table, then every thing is correct. You don't need, nor would you want the contractors name in a related table.

BTW I couldn't find a file attached

Mother_weaver

Local time
Yesterday, 17:23
Bob,
Thank ya hon!! So when I create a report to display each contractors report of reported hours, how would I expect it to display? Distinguish a relationship between the 2 tables and it should pull it in correctly? Oh never mind, I'm answering my own questions! Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it really is! Unable to upload the DB, it won't accept the file.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
We need to see your tables (design) . It all starts with tables and relationships.
As for attaching a file:
-have you done a compact and repair to minimize the size
-create a zip file to further reduce attach size.

Are you getting an error re Attaching the file??

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:23
Base your report on a query which has both related tables and then you can bind controls on the report to fields in either table.

You may be able to attach db if you 'Zip' it first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom