Do other forums ask members what they want? (1 Viewer)

Do other forums ask members what they want?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:51
I am curious about what other forums do. Do they ask you want you want there? Do they tell you? Spill the beans!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 22:51
I have accounts at 23 forums. yeah, OK, I know that's crazy so please don't say anything! Honestly, I've never seen a post by a site owner or any moderators on any of those forums asking a question like this. Some are more strict than others. The ones that *are* strict are those like Dream In Code, which like what I said in other thread, use the overly-intelligent code-analytics software called Cloudfare. IMO, that's going way to far.

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do none of them ask members what they want in the forum??

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Some do so ... though not all act upon the suggestions.

A recent change of ownership at one of the other main Access forums has led to a change of approach.
The old site owner treated any suggested improvements as criticism. !
The new owner has been seeking ideas for improvement prior to rolling out new forum software

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Do none of them ask members what they want in the forum??
not that I know of, Jon. maybe that's a thing with forums that discuss different topics though. I don't know what boards colin is talking about, but I know of 2 or 3 others out there besides yours that are access focused.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Some do ask but do nothing, As for me I would but My forum is spacific to my programs if they asked for an access forum I woud craate a linked board to here :sneaky::sneaky:

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:51
Out of the ones I belong to this is the only that asks of everybody. A few of the other ones ask only the moderators or *top* dogs (and cats). And even in those not all suggestions are implemented.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Hmm, forgot about trumpet players. :LOL: Not them for sure.
oh yeah! there are many screamers out there Gina, and the audience goes crazy for them. such people are Maynard Ferguson, Dizzy Gillespie, Allen Vizzutti, Jon Faddis, Arturo Sandavol, etc.... of course I'm sure you know that my previous name around here hinted at the fact that I do play.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Former New Yorker and frequented many of those clubs in my younger days.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Former New Yorker and frequented many of those clubs in my younger days.
if you want to witness the *true* improvisational genuises in the USA, take a trip down to bourbon street in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. They can be heard everywhere. (I wonder if Richard will correct me on this one?)

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
I go there once a year for a Client and yes but in my opinion second best. I am after all a former New Yorker. :)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I go there once a year for a Client and yes but in my opinion second best. I am after all a former New Yorker. :)
if i'm not mistaken, the biggest jazz scenes in the USA are Chicago, NYC, Los Angeles and Louisiana, no?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Can't answer, never Googled and I only *know* NY and LA.
and let us not forget, those 2 cities are where all the *weirdness* starts, and then it starts spreading in wards. we are in Iowa are the last ones to get affected everytime a round of that junk starts.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:51
I am curious about what other forums do. Do they ask you want you want there? Do they tell you? Spill the beans!
I'm wearing different hats in this regard.
From my experience as a ...

... forum user: No, I haven't seen this elsewhere. Usually, forum owners are nowhere to be seen, let alone asking users about their wishes. - Jon, it's great that you actively take care of the forum. The new software is a huge improvement!

... forum owner (I own a German-Language Access-Forum): Yes, I ask users to provide feedback and suggest features. However, I mostly limit this to moderators and VIPs. This is due to limited time available on my end and due to limitations in our forum software which makes some things more difficult than they should be. I plan to follow Jon's example and involve users more in the future.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for your feedback Phillip, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom