Do you read blogs? (1 Viewer)

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 15:22
I try not to read many blogs as, usually, they are kept by people who think their life is interesting when, in fact, they are boring teenagers with a probable suicide fascination.

But, them aside, there are a few out there which I find quite fun to read.

Any more to add?

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
No I don't read blogs, I lost the will to live after the second one I happened across! :( However it's good to see your sig popping up again Stewart.:) Ouch 800 posts lost, still they'd mostly be rubbish!

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Blog .... vis weblog

Why are we creating all these new "words"

Is it because we are becomming so lazy that we cannot be bothered to use language.

No wonder the grammar and spelling of the younger generation is so poor, in my opinion.

I do not read weblogs on principle

L

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Why are we creating all these new "words"

No wonder the grammar and spelling of the younger generation is so poor, in my opinion.

I do not read weblogs on principle

In the first sentence you have no question mark and the third sentence has not been ended properly with a period.

And you're blaming the younger generation? :D

Len Boorman

Local time
Quite correct SJ.
However, in the true spirit of constructive comment, I would plead that my aged, arthritic, dyslectic fingers coupled with a keyboard that refuses to interpret correctly my actions are responsible for the grammatical errrors.

At least I am able to recognise when I am in error.

Did I get that at least close ?.

L

On that point it would seem Tony Blair does not have that quality.

and anyway at least all the words are English and spelt correctly.!

edit
On that point it would seem Tony Blair does not have that quality.

Last edited:

Psilokan

Computer Programmer
Local time
Today, 10:22
I do not read personal blogs, such as myspace or livejournal blogs... Those I hate with a passion. I dated a girl a year back who posted her life into her livejournal account. When that relationship ended I found out from reading her blog before I was personally informed of her decision. People just dont realize who is all reading these things. She provided enough information in that blog for me to stalk her for many months... err... I mean... If I wanted to I could have... yeah... thats it.

However I do have my own personal blog on my website (which is actually down for reconstruction). However, I do not post personal information in it. The main "blog" just tracks updates and news for my website. Then there's a second section where I post solutions to various bugs or other programming hitches I've encountered and solved. This was an idea I got a while back after I noticed many solutions to my problems i found on google were solved by google directing me to someone's blog. Plus now when I encounter that problem again, and am totally incapable of remembering how I solved it the time before, I can just reference my blog for the answer.

On top of programming blogs there are a few select others I do read. My fav is www.avoidinglife.com which is about a Canadian English teacher who is teaching in Japan. I read it mainly because I'm facinated with Japan and had planned to do the same thing, until my application was rejected due to my lack of a university degree. However I find his blog to be very interested, and quite humorous so I continue to read it.

Other than that.... well I guess there's many things that would classify as a blog. Such as pennyarcade, but I mainly go there for the comics.

But I will say one thing, I also hate the term "BLOG." Like how lazy can we get, that we have reduce 6 letters down to 4? It bothers me equally when people say "ok" instead of "okay" or "ya" instead of "yeah." But most people think you're an ass if you start correcting their spelling over MSN.

Len Boorman

Local time
Rich said:
Bliar doesn't have any qualities, period!

Before SJ gets to you Bliar is spelt Blair.........hmmmmm thinks

B...liar..........Blair

Maybe you were correct to start with Rich...anyway I guessed who you meant

L

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Yeah, life blogs are boring. That's why I like those above, especially the Guy Fawkes one and Crap Authors.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
What is a blob?

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 11:22
I corrected the text right before you posted that, would you please tell me what a blog is now.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
I corrected the text right before you posted that, would you please tell me what a blog is now.
somebody's personal homepage usually full of crap, I think the Whitehouse has one at the minute;)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
somebody's personal homepage usually full of crap, I think the Whitehouse has one at the minute;)

Thank you, Mr Rich

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
A blog is basically an online journal, a space where you can muse about whatever and other people can read it. The blogs considered of most social value are usually maintained by professionals of some sort and contain interesting information and insights. Some blogs are entertaining. Some are used as a simple method of communicating with your friends and meeting new people. Most are worthless drivel.

BTW, as far as the poor spelling and grammar of the younger generation, I say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. As a young professional with some experience as a proofreader/copy editor, I can say I've been often amused or even appalled by the sheer number of mistakes I've seen in professional literature (forgive my loose interpretation of the word). And it's not just websites; it's magazines, newspapers, advertisements... everything. I don't understand how a business that doesn't bother to run spellchecker expects me to give them my money...:confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
You needn't call me Mr Rich Joey, because I'm not:mad: :p

Are you saying you’re not a Mr. or you’re not rich?

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Heard it whispered that he's not either

L

Wouldn’t that be something?

Rich; a woman?

I wouldn’t have ever guessed that one.

If true you should take up cigar smoking and meet us at the pub, you would fit right in.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Wouldn’t that be something?

Rich; a woman?

I wouldn’t have ever guessed that one.

If true you should take up cigar smoking and meet us at the pub, you would fit right in.
Rich already took up cigar smoking during the Clinton administration...:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom