DoCmd.CopyObject when not only user (1 Viewer)

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:29
I am trying to make a simple chat interface for a database.

There is a standard form I use as a template for chat between two people. When a member dbl clicks on the buddy list, I use DoCmd.CopyObject to copy the form for the two people. However, the CopyOjbect only works when only one person accesses the database.

Does anyone know of a way to bypass this?

Example of what's to happen

Forms: Buddy_List, Default_IM
Users: A, B, C

If User A sends a message to B, two forms should be created that look just like Default_IM. I did this so a person could have many different chats open if needed. The form names would look as follows to signify who is talking to who:
IM_A_B and IM_B_A

But if two people are using the database at the same time, I cannot use .CopyObject - any suggestions?

*Note: the names of forms and users have been changed for simplistic reasons*

Last edited:

modest

Registered User.
Local time
I know I could make a code to produce local front ends on each machine, but I would rather know if there is a registry setting, or a property of some sort to turn off the locking. Thanks, Modest

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:29
Did you ever resolve this issue? I want to copy a splash screen file from a template Db to a backend Db but cant get the copyobject to do anything.

Could you post the code line for the copyobject... pleeease,

Dave

sudhirhinduja

Registered User.
Local time
I know I could make a code to produce local front ends on each machine, but I would rather know if there is a registry setting, or a property of some sort to turn off the locking. Thanks, Modest

How did you go about using CopyObject in the multi-user mode?
I'm facing similar issues. Could you assist?
Thanks,
Suds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom