Does your spouse support the same political party as you? (1 Viewer)

Does your spouse support the same political party as you?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Neither, I am single

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:02
I am curious about this question!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:02
We joke about offsetting each other's votes each election, though on many things we have similar beliefs.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:02
My husband was Republican to the core. I am much closer to being a Libertarian although I am not pedantic about it. We were both registered as Democrats for reasons I've explained several times. We actually agreed on more things than we disagreed on. Our disagreements were centered around his ever growing Political Correctness and complete unwillingness to have any discussion at all with me or anyone else when he knew there was disagreement.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 14:02
I didn't vote because none of the options covers me.
Neither me nor my wife support any political parties. Both of us are on our own and are not tied to any party. Sometimes we are supporting this, sometimes that. Our support goes to the one that we think is correct on that specific time and problem.
There's been a lot of occasions that we were supporting government on a specific case, but supporting the opposite party at the same time for another case.

If it matters maybe I should also add that I don't remember us supporting different parties for the same case or at the same period of time.
If it makes sense.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:02
Here in the USA we have limited choices sometimes. Often, my wife and I support the same candidate, but sometimes we find that we are on opposite sides. I didn't pick any of the settings because in NO case do we vote along party lines. We consider the candidates as good or bad. Which is why we voted for a Republican governor a few years ago and a Democrat governor more recently.

statsman

Local time
Today, 10:02
In my own community it has been suggested from time to time that I stand for public office. My response is always the same.
"I have a sense of honour and I value my credibility. Politics is too tawdry a business for the likes of me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom