Donkey or elephant? (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 18:55
Since I've been involved in multiple political discussions lately, I think it's time to ask this one. Are you a donkey or an elephant? If you think answering that will cause you too much strife or get you too much backlash around here, just don't answer it. But I'd sure like to know how everybody leans. From what I've read around here, it seems like most people who get involved in political discussions here would be classified as elephants. Am I wrong? I would classify myself as an elephant even though I am going to live in subsidized housing that's under the tax credit for housing options.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm like an elephant in that I remember a lot. And I've been called a jackass, which is part donkey. But actually, if I'm anything, its Libertarian, with a conservative business approach but some mixed liberal views on people.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 19:55
3194px-Libertarian_Party_Porcupine_(USA).svg.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Libertarians aren't uniform in beliefs, either. There are anarchistic Libertarians and there are more orderly Libertarians. But they all derive from some variant or another of Jefferson's comment (that I will paraphrase): The government that governs least governs best.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 16:55
I'm one of the rare people today that still don't mind the label Republican, and also embrace it. They're not perfect, but I see them 90% of the time their positions are similar to mine. I'd like a 3rd and 4th option, but we aren't going to get it so, I choose the one I want to win and I support it.

So ... Republican. If someone does start gearing up for another choice, I'll be glad to review it - and quite possibly be a member!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:55
I was born into segregation or the Democrat party as some people refer to it 64 years ago. About 30 years ago a light went off in my head and no it wasn't a stroke, I woke up and moved off the government plantation. Rather than going from the frying pan straight into the fire, I thought I might just sit on the sidelines in the form of the independent party. This has worked out okay so far because it allows me to take a critical look at both ruling halves. That's my story and I am sticking to it, well at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom