drop down boxes (1 Viewer)

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:21
hi, I am trying to create a drop down box that then selects another box for me to choose from . I have tried to copy others but I just keep failing , I have taken part of my database for you to see what I have at this time see. attached

at the top of the form there is a drop down box collect select group number with about 200 items to choose from I would like to beark this down . so the first box would have group number 1. 30 , 63 for example then under 1 , I would have 1.1, 1.2 1.3. 1.4 and if select number 30 , 1 would have 30.1 30.2 etx

these group numbers are linked to the next form below called assembly part numbers .
thanks for you help
steve

Attachments

• Database15.accdb
    2 MB · Views: 450

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:21
i have time.
see if this is what you want.

Attachments

• Database15 (1).accdb
    2.2 MB · Views: 464

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
hi , thank you , what I am after is 2 drop down boxes in the form group numbers , the first drop down box will select say item 1 , which is to do with a stator then items 2 to say 25 will be in the next drop down box . then if I select day item 5 from the list this is the number (5) which will link number 5 to the ( kit id number ) when I select a part number from the drop down box in the assemble parts number form
if I select say item item 30 from the list then it will show me items 31 to 60

at this time the list is to long and is growing . I am trying to shorten it , so we have groups of say 30 options of which option has say another 30 options

hope this helps really apricate your help

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 02:21
I cannot see arnelgp's DB as I only have 2007, but YOU have to construct your DB in a way to get what you want, even if only one table.?
You will be shown how to use cascading combos, but the data aspect is up to you, as only YOU know what exactly you want, no one else.

rainbows

Registered User.
Local time
hi ,

I have tried to make it easier so you if possible can help me

on the form I have a select group twice , the first one has numbers 1 to 3 the second one has several numbers I to 3 what I would like help with I if I select no 1 from the first drop down box then the second one will only show me the number 1 on the second drop down box for me to select from

any help really appreciated

Attachments

• Database15.accdb
    2.5 MB · Views: 445

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom