Dynamic Crosstab report (1 Viewer)

Kerkoules

Local time
Today, 14:39
Hi Arnelgp,

thank you for getting back to me!
The report is now produced indeed, but it doesn't allow the grouping as per the original report.
It gives the "Ms access database engine does not recognize " as a valid name or expression" error.

the original report has a grouping by Course, Style and sort by Distance.
could you kindly advise?
Thank you in advance

Kerkoules

Local time
Thank you Arnelgp
I don't believe the original report was corrupt. As I wrote in my original post, it only works for the original 4 swimmers that I very first created it with (LL,MC,MO,ZN image attached). However, due to not supporting dynamically adjusted columns, it didn't work if I was comparing any other than the original 4.
In any case, it does work now with the solution you provided and I thank you very much for that!

Attachments

• Rep_pic.JPG
    Rep_pic.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 92

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:39
good to here that.

Kerkoules

Local time
Hi Arnelgp,

I have now created a new crosstab query that is also producing a relevant report. The difference from the previous one is that I am now filtering best times for a specific data range. I used the report you provided as a base and it does work most of the times. However, if for a given period of time, any of the swimmers under comparison has no recorded times, then the report crashes.
You may see an example if you change swimmer no. 4 from default to CP

In the original report you provided, I don't have this issue. If there is a swimmer that has no times then the respective column remains blank but the report is indeed produced.

Would you be able to identify what am I not doing right?
Thank you in advance
K

Attachments

• Acc_pic.png
    Acc_pic.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 95

Kerkoules

Local time
Almost there, the report gets produced but displays erroneous headers for the swimmers that do not have recorded times within the date range.
As per attached screenshot the report displays names that were not within the selected 4.

Also could you please pinpoint where have you intervened, what changes have you performed. It would be really helpful.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• Acc2_pic.png
    Acc2_pic.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 105

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:39
i make the Last three textbox on both reports Unbound.
on the Open event of the report, it will get it's Control source.

EDIT:
on design view of your report (post#29). remove the Caption for label lbl3 upto lbl6.
this will get filled on the Open event.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom