Edit forms in a front end database (1 Viewer)

JazzKitten

Local time
Today, 02:13
Hi folks
I'm new here, great to meet you all, virtually!
I am using a front end database in .accde format and I would like to edit the forms and create reports, however this functionality is greyed out when I try and use the Create ribbon.
I found a 'solution' stating that I should open the front end by holding down the left shift button and double clicking the file in the folder, which will then open in a state that allows me to edit forms and reports. This is not happening for me. I have followed the advice to the letter, which includes holding down the Shift button until the database is fully open.
Can anyone shed light on what I'm doing wrong, or suggest an alternative method to allow me to edit the forms and reports?
Thanks in advance for any and all help that can be given.

JK

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Unfortunately, an ACCDE file will not let you modify the design of any forms or reports or code. Where is the original ACCDB file for the Front End? That's what you need to modify and then create a new ACCDE file from it.

JazzKitten

Local time
HI @theDBguy and thanks for such a quick response!
I do have access to the original .accdb so I will go now and have a look at that...
Thanks and I'll let you know how I get on
JK

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:13
HI @theDBguy and thanks for such a quick response!
I do have access to the original .accdb so I will go now and have a look at that...
Thanks and I'll let you know how I get on
JK
You're welcome and good luck. :)

JazzKitten

Local time
Thanks @theDBguy it's all working so far!
NOw I have another problem but it's for another thread I think...different issu.e
Thanks for your help with this issue.
Best
JK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom