Solved Editing conflicts after splitting the database (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:16
The "other user" is yourself on the form. This error is a very common problem when accessing records in two different ways and trying to edit them. It doesn't cause a problem with the Form After Update because the record edit on the form is completed before the code is run. If you use the control AfterUpdate the record is still dirty when you run the code and Access detects the conflict.

The actual mistake is loading a bound form, starting an edit on a record then attempting to edit the record in the recordset. It is bad design and wrong thinking.
@Galaxiom That's exactly what I was thinking, but I couldn't explain why the OP was only having problems after splitting the db. I think @isladogs had an idea.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:16
@theDBguy
I asked if it was a SQL Server BE as bit fields with null values in SS cause a write conflict when running e.g. update queries in Access.
Not relevant in this instance

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
@theDBguy
I asked if it was a SQL Server BE as bit fields with null values in SS cause a write conflict when running e.g. update queries in Access.
Not relevant in this instance
Hi @isladogs Thanks! But, do you agree it's sort of mysterious as to why this is happening as the OP described? Cheers!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:16
To be honest, I stopped watching the thread as others seemed to be actively involved. I only came back in as your post alerted me.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
To be honest, I stopped watching the thread as others seemed to be actively involved. I only came back in as your post alerted me.
Ok. No worries. Sorry to drag you back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom