Email function not working, no error messages (1 Viewer)

jmwoolst

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:24
I have an Access form used to review transactions, and when the user is done they click a "submit" button that saves the review information and sends an email to the submitter to let them know if it was approved or denied. The email is sent using the oApp/oEmail functionality in VBA. One user has been experiencing an issue where she is clicking "submit" and the review information is saving and removing the record from her queue, but no email is being sent. The user has operated the database for 6+ months with emails being sent each time, but for the last week or two there is no email being sent. There are no error messages, the form just closes and re-opens as designed but the email part is being omitted. When the save/email process is running, the user gets the outlook icon in the bottom of the their screen to confirm that its connecting to their outlook profile, but it is not sending the email and not providing any error messages shedding insight on why the email is not working/sending. There have been no code updates to the database in over 6 months.

This makes me think that there is an issue with the users microsoft account or computer settings. Does anyone know of an issue that would cause the email functionality to not work for a user, but not fail the process or provide an error message?

This database is operated through a Citrix App, not sure if this changes anything or not as the 6+ months of successful use was through the same Citrix App.

More of a fishing expedition for me I guess as there is no error messages to troubleshoot and no new changes in code, just looking for any ideas on what could be causing this specific user issues.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Have you tried stepping through the code during execution?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Please post the code.
Does anyone know of an issue that would cause the email functionality to not work for a user, but not fail the process or provide an error message?
The most common cause I see for that is people using "On Error Resume Next".

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:24
Is there a chance that this person received a Windows update or Office update at about the time that things went south on her? You say you have done no code updates and that is good. It eliminates issues. But both Windows and Office get updated too.

Another issue is to determine whether something has happened to this user's network configuration such that she has changed sub-domains. If you are in a formal domain environment, it is possible for errors to crop up if your sub-net changes, because it affects routing. However, I would expect error messages, so there is also the question that Isaac mentioned regarding "On Error Resume Next" statements.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:24
don't set to Nothing the intance of Outlook.Application.

jmwoolst

Registered User.
Local time
Hello everyone, I apologize for not responding I was not getting notifications for the thread. The issue was resolved by one of our support teams. Their resolution notes stated they deleted the Citrix profile folder from the the users XenApp folder (XenApp is the application used to maintain our Citrix apps). The user had over 5000 files totaling around 160 MB in the folder, once clearing them email functionality was restored to the Citrix database for the user.

Thank you all for your time.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hello everyone, I apologize for not responding I was not getting notifications for the thread. The issue was resolved by one of our support teams. Their resolution notes stated they deleted the Citrix profile folder from the the users XenApp folder (XenApp is the application used to maintain our Citrix apps). The user had over 5000 files totaling around 160 MB in the folder, once clearing them email functionality was restored to the Citrix database for the user.

Thank you all for your time.
Hi. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom