email notification (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:58
A few things

1. sometimes the notification has additional spaces in them - anyone know why? (not a problem, just curious)
Capture.PNG

not sure if it is my imagination but
2. particularly for new members they seem to formulate a response by what is in the notification which does not necessary include the whole response - in consequence only taking on board half the solution/questions which then creates further confusion.

3. more so when there are multiple responders, responder#1 gets a response from the OP, subsequent ones don't. But if responder#2 responds after the OP's second post, it seems to confuse the OP who thinks it is from responder#1. (hope that makes sense)

4. if responder#1 provides a response questioning the abilities of the OP that is not a good welcome to the forum

5. It is as if the OP is blind to other responses, at least in their early days of their membership

I appreciate this often down to the observation skills of the OP but my question is should the response be changed to include something like 'there may be other responses, please visit the forum to see them all' and 'this may only show part of the response' and to swap the font colours so the response is a lighter colour and the advisory in full black.

Or perhaps just remove the partial response so the OP has to visit the forum to see the response

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Where did you take the image from?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
from my outlook inbox - seems to happen in around 10% of posts

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
No wonder I couldn't find it! I don't know why that is happening.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not really bothered about it, just noticed it as an oddity. What do you think about my thoughts re modifying the content?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom