EMailDatabaseObject "To" field (1 Viewer)

Linda1503

Local time
Today, 08:55
Can you/how do you refer to the email address in the record of the filtered Report you want to send or is this better done in VBA?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:55
Try using the SearchForRecord action.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:55
Can you/how do you refer to the email address in the record of the filtered Report
it is filtered, obviously you only need to send it to the "filtered" list.
use VBA (loop through filtered recordset) concatenating
their email address.

you can use SendObject or Outlook automation.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
use VBA (loop through filtered recordset) concatenating
their email address

A couple of examples:-

Linda1503

Local time
Sorry I'm punching well above my weight here... I can email an order confirmation once but if I try a 2nd confirmation Access crashes - seems to be a known problem. So as a work around (...that I understand :-/) I decided to export it to a file and email from there - didn't work either - get the problem below - they want to start taking orders asap and I've a million other things to do... flyers...website...my normal job... arghhh!
Any simple help out there? - we're on windows 10 v1607 which means I don't seem to even be able to share the printer - let me out of here!!!
Can't save to file.JPG

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
Windows 10 can share printers if you set them up to be shared. Is that a locally connected printer or an intranet connected printer?

I can email an order confirmation once but if I try a 2nd confirmation Access crashes

How are you attempting the 2nd confirmation that is different from the way you (successfully) sent the first confirmation?

Linda1503

Local time
I don't seem to be able to be able to change the current network profile on the laptop Windows 10 v1607 to private - which it needs to be to enable printer sharing.

Linda1503

Local time
Windows 10 can share printers if you set them up to be shared. Is that a locally connected printer or an intranet connected printer?

How are you attempting the 2nd confirmation that is different from the way you (successfully) sent the first confirmation?
In absolutely the same manner - I've tried refreshing/saving/closing my eyes ;) before sending a new order confirmation but each time on the second confirmation access crashes. I'm thinking I'll give in and ask them to use the snipping tool :-/
issue from access.JPG

Linda1503

Local time
A wee update on this - decided to subscribe to Microsoft 365 and delete all old programs & magically everything started working.... order numbers in subject lines, customer emails inserted no problem & confirmations sending fine :))))

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:55
A wee update on this - decided to subscribe to Microsoft 365 and delete all old programs & magically everything started working.... order numbers in subject lines, customer emails inserted no problem & confirmations sending fine :))))
Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom