Emailing a single record to multiple recipients (1 Viewer)

draconosjb

Local time
Today, 02:07
Ok, not only a beginner, but after reading i do not know how many threads, internet columns, etc. I have to be stupid also. The main thing I need is to be able to have a user input information in a form and when they hit the "submit" command button on the form, have it automatically send and email of the single record to several recipients placed in the "TO" and "CC" fields and only if information is present, then close the database form.
Second macro request is to have (assume this is what i want) is to have the shortcut or macro on the desktop so it will open the form in the maximized mode, and not show the ribbons, sidebars, etc for the user to access, only the input form which would respond as requested in the main macro listed above.
As i said earlier, beginner and stupid, the built in macros in access 2010 seem to be easy but not able to do everything (probably me), and not grasping the vba code very fast in order to do this. I do have the database, form, report, and a query all set up with them tied or linked together by the PK autonumber field. Appreciate any and all help to make this work after 4 frustrating days.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:07
Are you trying to use Outlook? Here is a little thing I put together for you for emails, though it is ONLY for Gmail, since that is what I use. I did it real fast, so this is by no means an end product.

I recommend you get comfortable using vba. Macros are limited, and I find them more difficult to use.

To hide the ribbon and the nav pane, check out NigelShaw's post, or see the attachment.

As for maximizing, in the on open event, just a simple docmd.maximize.

For opening a form with a db, see here.

Attachments

• Database1.mdb
    212 KB · Views: 131

draconosjb

Local time
Today, 02:07
i will try these out and let you know, do you have any suggestions for learning vba easily, does look like it would be the better way to go. appreciate the help so far, was getting so frustrating

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:07
Lots and lots of practice. It's a very steep learning curve. Maybe check out a book on Access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom