Enter Paramater Value Error when Opening Front End (1 Viewer)

Steve G

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 09:29
Hi guys,

Whenever I open the front end of my database, I am now greeted with a Enter Paramater Value Error called "StaffListTable.StaffID" regardless of what Saved As version of front end I open. Therefore, it appears that the Paramater error lies somewhere in this StaffListTable (back end). I have checked the StaffListTable, StaffListFrm, related queries and VBA and can no longer find this StaffID which I deleted from the StaffListTable and StaffListFrm some time ago. I also checked the Database Documenter for this rogue StaffID in StaffListTable and cannot find it. Help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Steve

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 18:29
That's why you get the param....something ,a query ,a form,
Is looking for a field that is not there.
Remove it from the query, or form.

Steve G

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply Ranman....but as I wrote, this StaffID appears to be hidden somewhere in the back end (tables database).

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You might try V-Tools to search for this. Just a thought.

Steve G

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Jdraw, where do I find V-Tools? The StaffID was a numbered field in the StaffListTable, but I removed it in this table and in all referenced forms, queries and VBA.

Steve G

Registered User.
Local time
Out of frustration, I just reinserted the StaffID into the StaffListTable as a numbered field and problem went away.....not the best solution....but a solution nevertheless.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As in the previous thread V-Tools is a hot link to the site. Glad you found a work around.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:29
If you took it out of the query in the QBE window, could you have inadvertently left it in as a parameter?

Would that show up in the Documenter?

Steve G

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Gasman, but I'm just going to stay with the work around.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:29
Thanks Gasman, but I'm just going to stay with the work around.

Up to you obviously, but what happens if you decide to remove another field.? None the wiser?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:29
Steve G. - that error can't happen only because you removed a field. It can't happen only because a query references the now-missing field. It requires one more thing. You need to have an opening form declared and that form has to reference something using that query. Otherwise, that "missing field" error is a passive condition.

To fix this permanently, look in your opening form to see where it uses that query. Fix the reference, then fix the query, then fix the table.

If Access would complain about having a field missing in a non-open query then a lot of development work that I have done would have bombarded me during development. But it didn't. That error reveals an active reference, not a passive one.

Last edited:

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 17:29
I have run into this a few times and was about to pull my hair out after not finding anything wrong with my queries or form properties (as in, I knew that value was not needed but I couldn't find why it kept asking me)...until I found I had a text box somewhere on the form looking for that value. Design changes meant I no longer needed the text box, and I completely forgot about removing it. Check form headers and footers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom