Solved Enter Parameter Value on form open (fields removed already) (1 Viewer)

Jordonjd

Local time
Today, 22:11
Hi there,
I had a form called "Frm_Sale_Invoice" , There was a field called "DocumentType_ID" ( i was planning on AP and AR invoices in one table using the DocumentTypeID field to mark AR or AP)

I decided to split this into two separate tables, So i deleted "DocumentType_ID" from "tbl_Invoice" (deleting the relationship to "tbl_DocumentType" at the same time)

Deleted the field from "Qry_Sale_Invoice" which is the record source for the form and removed "DocumentType_ID" control from the form.

Now when i open the form the Enter Parameter Value box appears, twice.

I have checked the form and cannot see where the field would be referenced to cause this, its not in any lookups etc
I copy and replaced the query, replaced the query SQL as this has helped before for me, same thing though
Checked through VBA just in case its mentioned in there somewhere but i cannot see it
Compact and Repair etc etc

But if i add the field back to the table, without adding it to the recordsource query "Qry_Sale_invoice" the form opens fine

Im about to try and replace the form to see if that helps but if anyone has any idea's it would be greatly appreciated

Jordonjd

Local time
Today, 22:11
I found it,

Sorry everyone, i knew the moment i posted i would find where i was using the field.

I had a control on one of the tabs that was uses query showing the 10 most recently entered Invoices... and of course the field was there, god knows why i put it in there twice but it was.

Apologies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom