Enter today's date in form field automatically. (1 Viewer)

M

msiren

I need to type in a date in several fields in a form. It would be today's date, so I thought it would be neat to just type a "D" in the field and using KeyUp&KeyCode function have today's date entered automatically. This works fine on my laptop but on my PC I get an error saying "can't find project or library" . Could use help with this one. Thank you.

D

DonM

I'm a novice but I put in the field in the table that the default expression was to be Date(). This means that when I went to the view, it would already have today's date in it as a default. This may not be what you want, but it was okay for my application.

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
If you want all the entries to reflect todays date you could use the default property =Date(). As soon as the enter an input to a field these would auto-fill with todays date, which you could overwrite if needed.
As for the PC that's giving you the "can't find project or library" error. You more than likely have a library reference "Is Missing" problem with this machine.

HTH
RDH

CST9999

Local time
Today, 04:24
It happened to me also.
There is a sure way of making it work:
1. create a new database (brand new)
2. copy all your forms, reports, tables, etc.
3. make sure your relashionship is the same
4. compact database
Thats all, this error message seems to appear if you transfer your database to a floppy and vice versa too many times (happened to me in college all the time :)
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom