Entering data in multple tables (1 Viewer)

Toolman

Access Newbie
Local time
Today, 05:22
As you'll be able to tell from my question, I'm new.

My attachment shows my tables and their relationships. The Referral table has ID's from the Site, Disciple, and Doctor tables. The Sites and Disciplines could see additions, but probably never will. But every month I have to add anywhere from 15 to 20 new doctors that are making first time referrals to our service.

With referential integrity enforced, what are the rules to updating the tables? Can I-should I update the Doctor table first with all new doctors and their information, then enter the referral information for all of the doctors?

If I do the above, what about a new doctor that is from a new geographic area (re:new zip code), or has a specialty currently not in my Specialty table?

Do I need a form that will give me a choice to pick an existing doctor/specialty/zip or enter any new info as needed?

As you can see I'm very confused. If I need a multi-table data entry form I would appreciate any links to some examples.

If you need more info please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Don

Attachments

• Relationships.JPG
    Relationships.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 95

lcook1974

Registered User.
Local time
Could you post a sample database? with some mock data in it? We don't want to violate HIPPA. I work for a hospital too.

Larry

Toolman

Access Newbie
Local time
Larry,
I think I've stumbled on to something. I'm going to explore it a bit more before I put the fake db together. But I thank you very much for weighing in.

Don

lcook1974

Registered User.
Local time
No problem...I've learned a lot from this forum and try to give back what I can. I am by no means an expert yet, but I am working on it.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom