Error -2147467259 Outlook doesn't recognize one or more names (1 Viewer)

Zedster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
I have a database for weekly timesheets. It contains a function I created the can be used each week to send reminder emails to those who have not completed a timesheet.

The database and function have worked fine for years, but recently it has stopped working on one users machine. When the function is invoked it throws an error which reports back as error number -2147467259 (a new one on me) and an error message "Outlook does not recognize one or more names." In this instance I have written the error log to record the from and two email addresses and they are valid users on the mail server.

I'm confused what is causing this error and googling "VBA error -2147467259" sheds no light on the problem.

Has anyone come across this before?

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 10:52
Sadly no, but it is very hard to debug without any source code. Can you maybe send in your database project? Or at least a code snippen where this occured?

Zedster

Registered User.
Local time
I am not asking for debugging the database and function has been working fine for over 4 years. Just keen to know if anyone has experienced this error and can explain what causes it.

Zedster

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for that, I will investigate that, the last of the three I can rule out but not the other two. How did you find that! I did quite a few googles and got nowhere!

Saphirah

Local time
Today, 10:52
I literally googled "Outlook does not recognize one or more names" and took the first stackoverflow page that came up ^^
Most of the time people do not post error codes in their posts, so it is always better to find a solution via the "error message" :)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Are you all using the same version of MSAccess and MSOutlook. Might the problem user be on a different version of MSOffice?

You may well have a problem if they have different versions of Access and Outlook.

Zedster

Registered User.
Local time
The user is on the same version of Access and Outlook that they have previously been on and previously it has worked. The database throughout the company generally runs on the latest version of ms Access Runtime.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:52
Error -2147467259 (decimal) is 80004005 (hexadecimal),

When I look up that error code, it appears to be a "catch-all" but my references suggest a faulty patch. Using the Windows Update facility, you can look at the patch history of your system. Since Outlook is also a Microsoft product, any Office or Outlook updates should be recorded. Can you identify a date for which things started happening and can you find an update log for Office or Outlook with that date?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maybe you don't get the "real" error code - maybe Access calls outlook, and outlook just fails to process correctly, but Access just shows a generic "fail" result, and not the underlying issue.

See if you can instantiate an instance of an outlook object on the bad computer.
set myaccess = createobject(msaccess) (or whatever the appropriate command is). That might just fail because Access and Outlook aren't communicating as they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom