Error 3049 - Corrupt (1 Viewer)

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 14:44
"Cannot open database <name>. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. (Error 3049)"

The problem Im having is that where it says "<name>" it inserts the name of the query im trying to run. i cant figure that one out.

the query will run for about 10 minutes before producing this error which is also troublesome for me.

i have tried a compact and repair several times. i have re-written this query several times. however, it ran fine before i added another field to it which increased the returned records to about 7,500,000.

it is an append query and here is the SQL:
Code:
INSERT INTO [CSK SLS] ( SLSSTR, SLSMTH, CMSALE, SLSSKU, MANUFG, PRTNBR, SLSQTY, RETAIL, COST )
SELECT CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSSTR, CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSMTH, CSKDATA_SLSALL.CMSALE, CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSSKU, CSKDATA_SLSALL.MANUFG, CSKDATA_SLSALL.PRTNBR, Sum(CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSQTY) AS SumOfSLSQTY, Sum(CSKDATA_SLSALL.RETAIL) AS SumOfRETAIL, Sum(CSKDATA_SLSALL.COST) AS SumOfCOST
FROM CSKDATA_SLSALL
GROUP BY CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSSTR, CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSMTH, CSKDATA_SLSALL.CMSALE, CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSSKU, CSKDATA_SLSALL.MANUFG, CSKDATA_SLSALL.PRTNBR, CSKDATA_SLSALL.RETURN
HAVING (((CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSMTH) Between 200901 And 200902 Or (CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSMTH) Between 201001 And 201002) AND ((CSKDATA_SLSALL.RETURN)<>"Y"));

in the meantime i will just try and build a new database.

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 14:44
Update:

I created an entirely new db and query with the exact same results..
WHY??:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
Can you post a stripped down version of the database so someone can take a look at it for you.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Today, 12:44
Is this field

CSKDATA_SLSALL.SLSMTH

a date field or is it TEXT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom