#Error and #Type! in blank records (1 Viewer)

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:43
Hello,

I have two slightly annoying issues. I have a DLookup formula on my data sheet subform that is working, however, in the next blank record, that field has an #Error message which is a little irritating to see. But when I key in data the #Error goes away. Below is the formula:

Code:
=IIf([PrgmID]="0"," ",DLookUp("[Rate]","tblPrograms","PrgmID=" & [PrgmID]))

A similar thing is happening in the total field. The formula is working but in the next blank record the field where the formula is, is displaying #Type! which remains until I key in data. This is the formula:

Code:
=IIf([PrgmID]="0",[OtherRate]*[Qty],[txtPrgmRate]*[Qty])

Any idea why two working formulas would display these errors in the blank records?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:43
It's probably because your text Fields carry a Null value before a record is created. You might be able to use the NZ function to get rid of the Null..

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The other thing you could do is go to the table and set a default value for the fields, that might cure the problem as well...

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Adding Nz didn't work and both fields are in the form only, not in the tables. I tried setting the Default Values in the form properties to 0 but that didn't work

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Maybe post a sample dB with roughly what you've got in it, a simplified one, so we can have a play!

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:43
For the control where you get the #Error can you try to just have the dlookup in the control source:
=DLookUp("[Rate]","tblPrograms","PrgmID=" & [PrgmID])
For the other one you can try to create a calculated field in the subform's record source:
Rate:IIf([PrgmID]="0",[OtherRate],[PrgmRate]) then in the control source enter = [Rate]*[QTY]

Cheers,

Tophan

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you all for your help. For the first formula I took out the IIF part and that worked.

For the second one, I split the formula into two separate calculated controls and then totalled those two. No #type! or #Error messages.

Thanks again :D

I might have another query later on ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom