Error on Calculated field. (1 Viewer)

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:39
Hello,

I have a form called menu, here I create menu plates like Roast beef example. Roast beef is served with rice, bean, etc. When I create the menu, I add each ingredient that the plates use on a subform. When I pull the product ingredient it brings with it the average cost of the product.

So on the subform, I multiply the average cost by the amount I use for that plate. This calculation works fine for each individual ingredient. On the subform footer, I want to sum all ingredients on the subform calculated field. So I do a Sum([average]*[Quantity]) but I get an error.

I have the something working fine in the PO form, but here there is something wrong I can't figure out..,

Can you take a look at it.. Its the frmMenu

Thank you

Attachments

• Comicasa.zip
    52 KB · Views: 88

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:39
Hi. Didn't look at your attachment but is [average] a calculated Textbox? If so, try repeating the calculation instead of referring to the Textbox.

Sent from phone...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I don't think you can sum a calculated control - you have to sum or DSum over a field. In that case, perhaps best to make the calculation in a query and sum that field (not the control on the form). You have based your form on the table. I almost always base forms on queries because of their flexibility.

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you,

Ok, this is what's going on. The ProdQuant and the AverageCost are not calculated fields on the subform. So for me to get the Ingredient cost I multiply AverageCost by ProdQuant. I do this in an unbound field on the subform detail and I get each ingredient cost for that plate. Where I am having issues is when I want to Sum all the ingredients cost to get an overall cost of the plate I am creating... I have tried many ways as you said but I can't get the Sum to show up.....

jdcallejas

Registered User.
Local time
1586746597824.png

Here is the way I have it to get each ingredient cost for that plate
1586746643071.png

Here is the formula working. What I need to get its the total of numbers on the right hand side of the subform...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom