Error on switchboard (1 Viewer)

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:41
We have one user that is getting the following error when she selects one of the buttons on a switchboard (Access generated switchboard).

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Microsoft Access can't find.

The expression is =HandleButtonClick(1)

We are using Access 2007 (converted from 2003), back end is SQL 2008 R2. She has her own copy of the FE (I copied it from a master file that we use). The form that she would have gone to works fine if you open it (it has a number of macros attached to it).

I have checked the macro security in the Trust Center. Any ideas?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:41
Do the other buttons on the switchboard work?

James Deckert

Continuing to Learn
Local time
Today, 08:41
Open the table "Switchboard Items" and see if you can tell why it isn't working. The Switchboard Wizard from 2003 builds the Switchboard around that table. So the function/form/report being called from the button will be listed in that table. You can change/fix the switchboard by modifying the table, but Microsoft got rid of the Switchboard wizard in 2007 so you won't be able to fix the Switchboard from the wizard.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Of course the weird part, only one user has this issue. There are about 20 users all together. Suspect that it would be some option in Access. Got a message from the user late (after I left work). It appears maybe none of the macros are working. Will know more later.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:41
When you say none of the other macros are working, do you actually mean none of the other buttons are working? Please could you clarify...

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Never mind. Apparently the master copy of the front end has gotten corrupted somehow. A compact and repair did not fix the issue. We should have a network backup that we can get or I will have to remember what got changed from the previous version of the FE. Thanks for the suggestions.

James Deckert

Continuing to Learn
Local time
Today, 08:41
If you customize your ribbon, you can find the Switchboard Manager and add it to your ribbon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom