Error with Android phones and iPhones (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 10:00
Jon,

I have encountered this error numerous times with an Android phone and people who have iPhones also tell me this happens on mobile devices. Have you experienced this?

Screenshot_20200324-155229_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-155229_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200324-155229_Chrome.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 172

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The problem with mobile devices is that they have two different layers of security that could cause this. First, there is the link between the mobile device and the nearest WiFi hot spot. Second, from there, if you are trying to get to AWF, we are set up for HTTPS and that is a second level of security. It is hard to diagnose that because either place could be the culprit. Technically, you are bridging a network (the local wireless network) to another network (the one that interfaces to the wireless device.) Without having a way to see the device logs for both the mobile device and the Hot Spot device, that question might not be answerable.

zeroaccess

Local time
Does this only occur on mobile data? Have you tested Wi-Fi?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Does this only occur on mobile data?
ok you guys, I never use wifi anywhere because I have so much mobile data that I will never ever use it all. this issue, today at least, was simply solved by closing all of the chrome broswer windows and restarting the mobile app. the occurance happens quite frequently though. and iPhone users tell me the exact same thing. it seems to happen less frequently if I actually log OUT of this forum through chrome on a phone and then log back in appropriately at a later time. however, this does not solve the issue all the time. so there is no pattern it seems like.

zeroaccess

Local time
I have not had this issue on my Android, but it sounds like cache/cookie issue.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
it probably is. I never both with that on a phone. I'll take a look. thanks. by the way zero, I thought you had me on ignore. I guess that's not true.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, @HugeThing, it is POSSIBLE that at the time, vba_php had been placed in a special state due to his behavior eventually leading to his being banned. Note that his name has a "strike-through" in it. That means the member's account is disabled.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Interesting. Since I am a moderator, perhaps that is one of the things I can see that others can't - but to be honest, I'm still learning about being a moderator so ... who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom