Excel Autosave (1 Viewer)

Johobo

Local time
Today, 10:05
We have an excel spreadsheet that is used by several users on a shared drive.

When anybody opens the file, it would be quite useful if the file could force their system to automatically turn Autosave on as it opens. Then when the file is closed, it should return their version of Excel to the previous setting (which it will presumably have to remember during the edit) so that it does not auto-save every subsequent file opened. Can this be done and if so how :confused:

DavidRS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:05
Why do you want to turn off the autosave? I know that it can be irritating as it slows Excel down a bit but not half as irritating as when a sheet you have been working on for ages is lost when your computer crashes!

Would it not be better to convert the workbook to a regular database. That way more people can use it at the same time and there isn't the need for autosave. Also it prevents one user overwriting the work of someone else.

yearightsure

Local time
Today, 11:05
there is...and i'm not sure where...a program that allows multiple users to access an excel spreadsheet, in unison, and will sync the data to the main sheet...I used it many years ago...anyone know of it? That would really solve this issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom