Excel - rise like the phoenix! (1 Viewer)

Should we increase the visibility of the Excel forum?

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:19
Poor little Excel, tucked away at the bottom there. It seems to get a lot of messages, despite it being placed in the outback.

Do you think we should give it a special more prominent location, where it gets much more exposure?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 02:19
Jon,

I definitely think so. As a matter of fact, over at Mr. Excel, there's literally numerous questions that go unanswered everyday via this URL (you have to be logged in to view the page): https://www.mrexcel.com/board/find-threads/unanswered

and if they can't get what they need there, either via advertisements or help from experts, why wouldn't they come over here, right? =)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:19
To be honest this not my first choice for either Access or Excel solutions. I maybe redirected back here because of the visibility this site in terms of searches. But YouTube is my go to for a quick down and dirty solutions. The ability to hear and see the solution is priceless, especially if you are already an amateur builder.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
No. It's Access forum and the spot light should remain mainly on Access.
it would benefit Jon very well, being the site owner, if he expanded his visibility with regard to products.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am thinking that because a relatively large number of people go to the Excel forum on this site, there is a closeness of relevancy between the two products. It would help users since it won't be tucked away.

Still, the poll has a while to go yet, but if we did move the Excel forum, to where?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 03:19
Not quite on topic, but I think a very underutilized feature of ALL MS office products is the ability to make them interact with each other...automation if you will.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Still, the poll has a while to go yet, but if we did move the Excel forum, to where?
Well the sub sections do not appear to be in alphabetical order, so you could just place it at the top of that section?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Not quite on topic, but I think a very underutilized feature of ALL MS office products is the ability to make them interact with each other...automation if you will.
that's a great idea Gent, but from what I've seen, it doesn't seem like there's many people who ask questions here that are very well versed in that sort of thing. as in, they haven't gotten that far yet.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Congratulations Excel on your recent promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom