Exhausted and a bit confused ... (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:18
We do contractor billing. I have a form. It is populated by a query which grabs only the Contractor Uninvoiced line items from the Materials Purchased (for each Contractor job) Table.

The form opens up in continuous mode, but only one record fits on the screen at a time. If I hit the "EOF" on the bottom of the screen I get all blank fields which IF I fill in - then they get added to the materials table asa new record. That part is working.

My question, what IF I just want to change one of the fields on ONE OF THE EXISTING "OPEN" records which are already in the table.

Right now, I am lost how I would update one of the existing records which I can scroll thru.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:18
Hi. Are you able to post a sample copy of your db with test data? If not, please consider posting some images to give us an idea what you're dealing with.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Are you able to post a sample copy of your db with test data? If not, please consider posting some images to give us an idea what you're dealing with.

Untitled.jpg Attachment included

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Thanks for posting an image of your form. It sounds like what you need is a way to "search" through the existing records on your form, so you could update it. If so, try adding a Form Header and then add a combobox on the header using the Combobox Wizard and make sure to select the third option.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
I just realized I have a button and CODE to delete an existing record. I believe I just need an UPDATE button added which will work just like the delete command ("DoCmd.RunCommand - acCmdDeleteRecord"), but only with the UPDATE option ?? That make sense ??

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Can't tell without actually seeing your db. Give it a try but make sure you have a backup copy of your db, just in case. Let us know how it goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom