Export BMP image to a file (1 Viewer)

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:12
I need to migrate the contents of a table from Access Jet or Ace to SQL Server.

The table has 2 fields, an integer and a BMP image ex

Field1 Field2
1 BMPimage
2 BMPimage
3 BMPimage
4 BMPimage

If I manage to export the images to files like 1.bmp, 2.bmp, 3.bmp, 4.bmp etc I can then import them into SQL Server.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
John

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Paul,
Thanks you are right, I used the code on the link. A bit kludgy. but it works.
John

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:12
Paul,
Thanks
You're most welcome ! :)
A bit kludgy. but it works.
I would not say so ! Leban is a highly regarded programmer and he has been doing this for a very long time. The code might look a bit "ugly" its because the method is. I mean normally this sort of operation is not performed. Thankfully someone has taken up their time to write patch up code to perform special functions (that too for free) ! :cool:

JohnPapa

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul,

I will keep it in mind. The specific issue is an odd one and I posted on 3 forums. The fact that the code the solved the problem was posted in the late 90s speaks for itself.

In my defense I went back to all 3 and posted the solution which worked for me. On one of the forums a different solution was proposed which I tried out without success.

Thanks again for your interest,
John

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:12
The specific issue is an odd one and I posted on 3 forums.
I understand this requirement, I am simply quoting what the other thread I pointed you to.
ExcelGuru said:
First, let me make it clear that neither I, nor the person who pointed you here, has an issue with cross posting, so long as it is done correctly. If you feel that you get more experts pointed to your posts, then fine. What we are asking for, however, is the courtesy of knowing about it. Why? Well it's kind of simple really. If you post on several boards, you have several groups of people working on the same issue, without necessarily knowing what the others are doing.
In my defense I went back to all 3 and posted the solution which worked for me.
Thank you for doing this !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom