Export Query (1 Viewer)

access17401

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:07
Afternoon

I have made a query called "NAB Export Query", to send out a text file.
I have then created a command button on a form to run the export, with the following code:

Private Sub Command101_Click()
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "NAB Export Query", "NAB.txt", False
End Sub

I have come across two stumbling blocks. In the query I have a field called Amount, this amount could be $150.50.
But in the export i need it to be in cents without the $ sign. The only thing I could think of was to create a
field with "Expr1:[amount]*100 which has an output of $15050, how do i go about removing the $ sign?

Secondly, I have done a lot of research but have found out how to do this, I want to define the export location to
C:\production but can't work this out either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:07
Afternoon

I have made a query called "NAB Export Query", to send out a text file.
I have then created a command button on a form to run the export, with the following code:

Private Sub Command101_Click()
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "NAB Export Query", "NAB.txt", False
End Sub

I have come across two stumbling blocks. In the query I have a field called Amount, this amount could be $150.50.
But in the export i need it to be in cents without the $ sign. The only thing I could think of was to create a
field with "Expr1:[amount]*100 which has an output of $15050, how do i go about removing the $ sign?
Try:
Code:
Expr1:[B][COLOR=Red]CLng([/COLOR][/B][amount]*100[B][COLOR=Red])[/COLOR][/B]
Secondly, I have done a lot of research but have found out how to do this, I want to define the export location to
C:\production but can't work this out either.
Try:
Code:
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "NAB Export Query", "[B][COLOR=Red]C:\production\[/COLOR][/B]NAB.txt", False

access17401

Registered User.
Local time
Both worked perfectly, thanks

access17401

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry just thought of something else, the current file exports the data but without the headings is there a way to add in the table headings?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 23:07
Set the parameters for HasFieldNames to true instead of false.
Code:
DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, , "NAB Export Query", "C:\production\NAB.txt", [B][COLOR=Red]True[/COLOR][/B]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom