Exporting Access Data into Excel spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

Kayleigh

Local time
Today, 05:06
Hi,

I have a complex database system which currently outputs the data in a number of very detailed forms. I would like to have a button on the form to export this to an Excel spreadsheet whilst substituting the complex details with specific codes and apply formatting for certain situations. What function do I use to do this?

Also is it possible to automatically add comments to certain cells?

Thank you
Krayna

Solution
1609136186116.png

UncleGizmo's comment: "Instead of having the lookups as queries you could just have a combobox on your form" means in the query above, you don't need either the outer join to 'qrylkpStaffName' nor join to 'lkptblStaffyType. Both of these complicate your form unnecessarily and could cause problems later on. Whatever information you need in these tables can be handled with a combo box on your form. for qrylkpStaffName information, Set the control source of the combo box to 'fldStaffID' and the rowsource to qrylkpstaffname. make it a 2 column combo box and set the column widths to 0,2. Your combo box will then display the staffname on the form, but store the 'fldstaffid' value in qrySCR!fldstaffid...

Kayleigh

Local time
Today, 05:06
Thanks for sharing your DB - very generous and I'm sure will come in useful :)
Can I mention that the data in yours is quite static but I have a lot of interrelated data which changes acc to user input - the following object must pick up this data and utilise immediately. This is where I am having most trouble coding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom