Exporting Report Results as Single PDF File (1 Viewer)

antique3S13

Simple, Sincere and Straightforward.
Local time
Today, 14:39
Dear All,

I have developed a small database for managing monthly overtime claimed by drivers. The format of Report is attached, now I want to export report for multiple employees as a single PDF File i.e. let say exporting report for three different employees as a single PDF File.

Positive response would be highly appreciated, please.

Attachments

• OTC.pdf
    5.6 KB · Views: 354

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:39
Just create the report and output to pdf?
Group by employee most likely.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:39
i think you need separate Page for each driver since
the info might be confidential between the
employee and management.

this is safe as there is no info leak when
a driver(s) ask for a copy of the report.

antique3S13

Local time
i think you need separate Page for each driver since
the info might be confidential between the
employee and management.

this is safe as there is no info leak when
a driver(s) ask for a copy of the report.
I appreciate your response, don't worry this is for open environment, privacy doesn't matter.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:39
With regard to Gasman's suggestion - can you be a bit more specific about what didn't work? Not only what part didn't work, but what was wrong about/with it?

antique3S13

Local time
With regard to Gasman's suggestion - can you be a bit more specific about what didn't work? Not only what part didn't work, but what was wrong about/with it?
I appreciate your response, actually report process starts with providing Employee ID, Start Date and End Date, then Access Generate the report in attached format. Now, if I use Group/ Sort Option access generates report having same header and footer but grouping employees within header and footer which I don't want to execute. Our policy is each driver has to submit his overtime in attached format and will sign accordingly. As a Database Assistant it is my responsibility to prepare reports of all drivers. Therefore, I need to design report in such a way that access generate reports of all drivers in same format at once.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:39
I appreciate your response, but I think it doesn't work
Oh it does, believe me, even I have done it many times.

In fact having now viewed the report layout on a PC, it is just one detail line per employee?
As long as you can supply the employees that will go on the report, then I see no problem, other than Monthley is spelt incorrectly? :)

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:39
I am trying to understand your requirements. It sounds like you want to keep each driver's info separate for signature purposes. (I might have read that wrong, and if so, I apologize for the misunderstanding.)

If you wanted a separate signable report for each person, then you have two choices. Choice one is to print a single report for a single person. Choice two is to print each person's part as a "GROUP BY Person" setup with a page feed before each group. (That is an option you set for the properties of the group header.) You can control exactly what is in the group headers and/or group footers, so it is a matter of how you set it up as to how it appears. There is no mixing of data for different drivers if you do the design correctly. Then print for the group method in a way that you can get separate sheets if you wanted separate papers.

The PDF option will carry along the page-feed option with it if you do the GROUP BY method. I.e. the PDF will contain page feeds if you design them to be there. If you take the "print one report per person" option, you will get separate PDFs, one per person. What you are asking is not that unusual, just understand that the PDF part is a separate issue from the page-per-person issue. So in a way you are asking two questions. Maybe that will help you sort out the answers you are getting.

antique3S13

Local time
Oh it does, believe me, even I have done it many times.

In fact having now viewed the report layout on a PC, it is just one detail line per employee?
As long as you can supply the employees that will go on the report, then I see no problem, other than Monthley is spelt incorrectly? :)
My apologese for late response, I tried this, but unfortunately it prints a grouped report not as I desired.

antique3S13

Local time
I am trying to understand your requirements. It sounds like you want to keep each driver's info separate for signature purposes. (I might have read that wrong, and if so, I apologize for the misunderstanding.)

If you wanted a separate signable report for each person, then you have two choices. Choice one is to print a single report for a single person. Choice two is to print each person's part as a "GROUP BY Person" setup with a page feed before each group. (That is an option you set for the properties of the group header.) You can control exactly what is in the group headers and/or group footers, so it is a matter of how you set it up as to how it appears. There is no mixing of data for different drivers if you do the design correctly. Then print for the group method in a way that you can get separate sheets if you wanted separate papers.

The PDF option will carry along the page-feed option with it if you do the GROUP BY method. I.e. the PDF will contain page feeds if you design them to be there. If you take the "print one report per person" option, you will get separate PDFs, one per person. What you are asking is not that unusual, just understand that the PDF part is a separate issue from the page-per-person issue. So in a way you are asking two questions. Maybe that will help you sort out the answers you are getting.
My apologies for late reply, you are very kind/ humble no need to apologize. Soon I will try your option mentioned in second para. Then I will update you, bundle of thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom