Extra page on report...stumped (1 Viewer)

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Today, 05:50
We recently converted to Access 2010 after using 2000. This problem has suddenly appeared. It doesn't happen on every report but there is one in particular right now and I can't figure it out.

The first page of the report is complete but it prints a second page containing only the page header and footer, the rest blank. There are only 2 detail records on the first page and plenty of blank space.

It's not the issue of the page overflowing onto extra pages because the page size bleeds beyond the margins. Everything is safely inside the set margins, and in fact as a test I brought the page width down to 4 inches with .5" margins and it still prints a second page.

Any idea what could be causing this?

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Finally created a blank report with the same margins and sizing and copied/pasted everything from the other report and it was fine. Must have been some kind of formatting from the previous Access version that it didn't like. That's all I can come up with.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 03:50
Weird, I just had this today, a long report was showing a blank page at the end. I just didn't print the last page, no big deal, but now that you mention it . . .

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Well, usually an extra page on a report that is completely blank is a sign of the report running beyond the margins, even by as little as .1", but since my extra page had the header and footer data displayed it was almost like Access thought the report had more data to print on page 2, although there was none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom