Extract data from an XML File to Access (1 Viewer)

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:05
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but hopefully someone might know the answer.

Is it possible using Access to extract data from an XML file and put it into a table within Access, I'm using Access 2000.

If it is, could someone tell me how this would be done.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

John

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 02:05
It's certainly possible, however, XML is not a specification for any particular kind of data file, but rather, a method for describing any kind of data - so the files you're wanting to import won't be the same as anyone else's XML files - they'll have their own schema - which is like a description of their structure.

There's a pretty lucid description of the process here:
http://www.databasejournal.com/feat...901/Import-XML-Data-Into-Microsoft-Access.htm

-including an example database, although that's tailored to a specific XML schema - which will be different to yours, but the methodology bnehind it should be the same.

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:05
Good day Mike,

Thanks for your response, been out of the office, so only just opened up your thread.

I've had a read of the link you provided and it looks like thats what I need to do, but as the writer states, change it to meet my requirements.

So over the coming weeks I will be giving it a go.

your assistance is most appreciated.

Have a good New Year.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom