favorite comedians (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 11:12
oh my, i don't know if I can believe THAT! SO scary? I would assume that would also apply to The Exorcist here in the USA. I read that in the 70s when that damn thing came out, people started walking out of the theatre cuz they were too scared and couldn't keep on watching.

I saw Exorcist but can't remember my reaction or much about the movie

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 10:12
there were many sequels and they were all terrible, like most sequels are. Reagan is all grown up now and she' totally unrecognizable in real life as Linda Blair.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:12
have you ever seen the black and white show "Mr. Ed", the talking horse?

Yes I have and I have seen a couple of the Francis the Mule movies with Donald O'Conner. I think the movies were better.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time

I do not think I saw the Exorist until it came out on TV. I kinda remember being pretty bored with it and somewhat grossed out when she threw up on everyone.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I do not think I saw the Exorist until it came out on TV. I kinda remember being pretty bored with it and somewhat grossed out when she threw up on everyone.
i went with a friend to see the 2018 film The Nun. My friend was laughing through the entire movie and told me afterwards that my suggestion of going wasted his money because it wasn't scary at all. IMO, it was a "little" scary, but the plot was absolutely horrible so it seems like I did make a bad suggestion.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I did see Alien in the theater many years ago. That was kinda creepy at times. A friend of mine had gone when he smoked some weed (probably a lot), so when the creature came of the guys chest, he just about jumped over his seat.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
I did see Alien in the theater many years ago. That was kinda creepy at times. A friend of mine had gone when he smoked some weed (probably a lot), so when the creature came of the guys chest, he just about jumped over his seat.
WEED. I never did like that. tried it once and I never felt a thing. I don't see how people enjoy it. If I was a drug user, I would prefer Percoset over anything else. Good feelings there! Either that or Dillodid (spelling?), which I had once in a hospital emergency room through an intovenious shot. I was laughing uncontrollably within minutes. that's actually quite a good memory! but it got dangerous during the "coming down" period. Someone tell me if this post needs to be deleted. we don't wanna turn this thread into a discussion about drugs.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
No kidding, except if we were to talk about the dangers. But back to the subject of comedians. We have a good library of funny movies at our house. A lot of them released a many good years ago.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
No kidding, except if we were to talk about the dangers. But back to the subject of comedians. We have a good library of funny movies at our house. A lot of them released a many good years ago.
I've got 700 movies on my machine. don't ask how I got them. :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As to week, turns out that due to my smoke allergies, I'm also allergic to the smoke of MJ. And oddly enough, to me the smell resembles burning sycamore leaves. We had a big sycamore tree in our back yard. Messy thing.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I am not sure how many movies we have between our DVD, VHS (yes we still have a few tapes and a machine) and the DVR. But my son-in-law and his family have a huge collection (in the 1000's). They have a shelf (four or five levels) about 20 feet long filled with movies.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have only about 400 movie disks, mixed DVD/BlueRay/4K

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
But my son-in-law and his family have a huge collection (in the 1000's). They have a shelf (four or five levels) about 20 feet long filled with movies.
did they actually buy all those!?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, but they raided the local Blockbusters when it went out of business. Also there is a store (in a nearby city) called Rasputin which has thousands of movies and music CD's at a reduced cost (90% of the stock is used). They also pick up movies at yard sales. They have bought a few titles new, but not very many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom