Field in form displays in Red ? (1 Viewer)

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
I have a form that displays the contents of a record searched for on a major file. The field in question is made up from the expression below
It only happens with one record on the qry file - Where the result of the expression is printed in RED

The data generated for this field comes from a query file. The expression that produces the field contents is below
Code:
=IIf(([DebtorCompTypeFld]=5),RTrim([DFName] & " " & [DLName]),RTrim([DFName])) & " " & [DAddress1] & " " & [DAddress2] & " " & [DAddress3] & " " & [DTown] & " " & [stateCode] & " " & [DPostCode] & " " & IIf(Not IsNull([TradingAs])," T/A - " & [TradingAs])

I have looked through the code and there is only 2 references to ForeColor and they have nothing to do with the field in question. I have searched for vbRed and once again nothing related to this field or any of the fields in the expression.
I have checked the formatting for each of the fields and they are all Text 1

The qry source file content is as it should be for this record

I allocated 10 minutes to correct this and then move on - it's now taken me ages to get nowhere.
Any help would be appreciated

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:40
and is the format property of the control set to anything? (I don't mean the font color)

Where the result of the expression is printed in RED -is there anything different about this result compared with the other results?

perhaps provide this result and some comparable results that are not red

and just to clarify - you talk of fields - but do you mean form controls?

and perhaps I'm being picky but you say 'Where the result of the expression is printed in RED' - do you mean displayed on a form or are you printing the form?

atrium

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:40
Thanks guys for your feedback

CJ I did mean form controls and I did mean displayed not printed

Thank you

The DB Guy, I didn't even think of Conditional Formatting applied on that control? Checked it out and YES there was.

Thanks very much

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 10:40
maybe you have the Format on the query itself.
check in design view, click on that field and see if there is Format on the property.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:40
Thanks guys for your feedback

CJ I did mean form controls and I did mean displayed not printed

Thank you

The DB Guy, I didn't even think of Conditional Formatting applied on that control? Checked it out and YES there was.

Thanks very much
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom