Fields can't be hidden by cover in newest Access version (1 Viewer)

dmgg

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
I have a program designed with Access 2007 and also used with Access 2004. I just installed the latest version of Access and get a puzzling problem.

I have a form with sub forms. Two of the sub forms have a colored rectangle hiding fields and buttons until after select criteria. (After criteria, selection, only certain fields/buttons display). For some puzzling reason, with latest version of Access, one field shows through the rectangle cover. When I delete the field, another field displays through the cover. Another field shows if I delete that one. No such problem in Access 2007. New version seems to require display of one field.

I would much appreciate someone telling me what is going on and how to fix it. Very puzzling.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
Hi. My only guess is maybe it's a Theme thing. Can you post some screenshots?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:33
What latest version of Access are you using?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:33
There is no 2004 version of access so bit confused about what you actually mean.

presumably you have code to hide/display the rectangle - later versions are less tolerant of poorly written code so perhaps it is something to do with that?

Other possibility is the Z order of the controls has got out of sync (i.e. the rectangle is no longer 'on top'). Have you tried decompile/recompile and compact/repair in your latest version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom