File Attachments: Possible to limit attachment size? (1 Viewer)

ulieq

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:54
Does anyone know if it is possible to limit file attachment size or number?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:54
Are you talking about the Attachment data type?

Sydcomebak

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:54
Yes, I would like to limit file sizes to 250k.

adewale4favour

Registered User.
Local time
Hello!
I need assistant on managing attachment on my Access database. Please can anyone help with ways of limiting the size of file that can be attached by users? What I want to achieve is if the size of the attachment is more than 240kb, then the database should ask the users to reduce the size before proceeding.

I will appreciate this sincerely.

Regards
Michael

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hello!
I need assistant on managing attachment on my Access database. Please can anyone help with ways of limiting the size of file that can be attached by users? What I want to achieve is if the size of the attachment is more than 240kb, then the database should ask the users to reduce the size before proceeding.

I will appreciate this sincerely.

Regards
Michael
Hi Michael. I suggest you start a new thread rather than tag on to an old one. You might be able to limit the size of the attachment if you handle that process yourself using a form and not let the user have access to the attachment field itself.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:54
I don't know if its possible but I would recommend avoiding attachment fields completely to avoid issues with datafile bloating.

Also its always better to start your own thread than piggyback onto an existing thread.

EDIT: Oops. I see DBG has made much the same points whilst I was typing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom