Filter and remove duplicates (1 Viewer)

cktcPeterson

Local time
Today, 06:06
I have a query that I can use in forms that filters by student grade. I have some families with students in same grade so I end up with duplicate emails. Is there a way for the user to filter by grade, then remove duplicates all on thr form and not access the query?

Or what are some options I can try?

Thanks

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 10:06
if have a FAMILY field so all students in that same family will only get 1 email,
since the code loops thru the Family name and sends X student notices to the 1 email.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 09:06
queries, forms, emails? This sounds like it has more parts than it needs.

Give us the big picture of how this email task works. Not just your database part, but what does the user do to send out these emails? When (e.g. what frequency, what prompts them to do this, etc.)? How (do they paste somethign into Outlook, do you have a module in Access that emails)? What (are there attachements with this email, are they listing individual student grades in email)?

cktcPeterson

Local time
Today, 06:06
Great questions.
I want my user to select an age group to send an email message to. I am just starting the process so open to suggestion. As of now, I have a query and can filter on a form. That's as far as I have been able to get.

In the past we just copy and paste into excel and let that program do the work, then paste into bcc.

My end goal is to send through access.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:06
If you are not including the student name, join to the student table for the selection criteria but do NOT select any columns from the student table. That will get you ONE row rather than one per student. If you want to include the student name, then you are going to have to look up the concat function posted here.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:06
you can use this technique to filter your form.

Attachments

• sampleEmail.accdb
    704 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom