filter listbox by textbox in form (1 Viewer)

mohamedmatter

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:09
Good evening to all members,I Attached is a simple database
my problem in form FrmTraining
I want when write any (letter or number) in textbox the result show in list box

note
I designed when you click on any text in the list box showing filtering on the form
Thanks good luck

Attachments

• Training.accdb
    664 KB · Views: 85

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you want it to filter with every keystroke, you'd use the change event rather than the after update event. You'd also need to use the .Text property of the textbox.

Either way, you'd build an SQL statement that used the contents of the textbox in the WHERE clause, using Like and wildcards. Then set the row source of the listbox to that SQL.

mohamedmatter

Registered User.
Local time
If you want it to filter with every keystroke, you'd use the change event rather than the after update event. You'd also need to use the .Text property of the textbox.

Either way, you'd build an SQL statement that used the contents of the textbox in the WHERE clause, using Like and wildcards. Then set the row source of the listbox to that SQL.

I can not complete it. I want help on the existing example

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 10:09
I'll gladly help where I can. If you show what you have done then we can start to point you in the right direction.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 01:09
Searching on multiple fields of different datatypes can be difficult to do and performance can be poor if you are also using wildcards.

Suggest you adapt an example from Allen Browne's website which does work well: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

Also strongly recommend you stop using large red text in your posts as its irritating and may make it less likely anyone will help you

mohamedmatter

Registered User.
Local time
Searching on multiple fields of different datatypes can be difficult to do and performance can be poor if you are also using wildcards.

Suggest you adapt an example from Allen Browne's website which does work well: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

Also strongly recommend you stop using large red text in your posts as its irritating and may make it less likely anyone will help you

thankes for reply
I want to modify my request
can hlp me by searching by name " when write any letter " filter listbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom