Filter / Ordered by (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 18:28
My form source is a query that sorts by dates. (Between #1/1/2020# And #12/30/2020#)

However, when opening the form in datasheet view it ends records at July 3,2020. Checking the property sheet, I discovered the filter property had

Filter: ((((tlbMain.enterDate) Between #6/1/2020# And #7/3/2020#))

and the Ordered by property had

Ordered by: tlbMain.enterDate DESC

I have removed the filter property and ordered by, a few times, but they keep coming back.

I had this happen to me years ago but I do remember how to fix it. I usually put information like this in my “How To” db but it is not there.
Anybody got a clue?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:28
Have you made sure there's no code setting those either in the code that opens the form, or in its open/load events?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Have you made sure there's no code setting those either in the code that opens the form, or in its open/load events?
Thank you so very much.
Autoexec: frmMain, view: Form, filter name: tblMain

Once I changed filter name to qryAlpha it worked fine.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:28
Happy to help! I don't think I've ever used the Filter name argument.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Happy to help! I don't think I've ever used the Filter name argument.
I don't even know how it got there. I use autoexec on all my DB's, and being lazy I usely import them from other DB's and just change the name of the form that loads. When I get off here I am going to check other DB's. This DB is tracking my medical vitals and I made a mistake on AM and PM so when I went to datasheet I could't find the dates I needed. That is why I would like a time picker.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Paul,
So far, I have not found a autoexec filter in any of my other DB’s. I did find however, a DB made in an older version of Access. I could not find what version it was. Where is the version information located? I thought sure all I had to do was File > info but it wasn’t there. I was a bit surprised; I was not the author. My mission board director made it. It came back to me. He had just inserted basic names, add, state, and I had put in the bells and whistles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom