Solved Filtering records on a continuous form, based on filter criteria entered on a single form (1 Viewer)

alan2013

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:35
I have a continuous form, with some text fields, some date fields, some combo boxes, and some numeric fields.
I'd like to be able to filter the records, with the option to base the filtering on a number of the fields or just one or two (depending on requirements), but not via criteria set in the header of the continuous form. (I've found lots of examples and tutorials on how to filter that way). Instead, to have more 'room' for setting the filter criteria than would be possible in the header, I'd like to be able to click on a 'Filter records' button in the header of the continuous form, to open a 'Filter records' single form. Once I've set the criteria (could be one field or a number of fields) in the single form, I'd like to click an 'Apply filter' button, and have the records in the continuous form filtered accordingly. Is this achievable ?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:35
Apply whatever links you have seen and in the 'filter form' build your filter string and have a button to set the filter but instead of

me.filter="whatever"
me.filteron=true

use

forms!myContinuousForm.filter="whatever"
forms!myContinuousForm.filteron=true

see this link about referencing forms from other forms

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:35
you can use either of this samples.

Attachments

• FilterFromPopUp.accdb
    960 KB · Views: 205
  • Continuous_Filter_button.zip
    606.2 KB · Views: 228

alan2013

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:35
Thanks, CJ_London and arnelgp ! I've achieved what I wanted now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom